Awards & Distinctions
www.dorasakayan.com > profile > awards and distinctions
- October 23, 2019: The “Aurora Mardiganian” commemorative medal for significant
contributions to the awareness and recognition of the Armenian Genocide, The Armenian
Genocide Museum-Institute, Yerevan, Armenia.
- May 17–18, 2016: “Contemporary Linguistics in the Light of Interdisciplinarity”, An International Conference dedicated to Dora Sakayan on her 85th Birthday Anniversary, Yerevan State University, Armenia.
- September 27, 2012: Degree of Honorary Doctor of Yerevan State University “For her
public and patriotic activities and outstanding achievements in Armenian Studies
- November 6, 2011: Gold Medal of the RA (Republic of Armenia) Science and Education
Ministry “For outstanding contributions to science and education.”
- October 26, 2011: Certificate of Distinction by the RA Ministry of Diaspora.
- June 2, 2008: Certificate of Recognition for the book Eastern Armenian for the English-
speaking World, “...a valuable contribution to the study of Armenia and its culture.” The
Certificate of Recognition was issued by the California State Assembly, forty-third
- October 9, 2005: Saint Sahak - Saint Mesrop Medal of Honor of the Mother See of Holy
Etchmiadzin, Armenia, for decades of scholarly and pedagogical services in Armenia and
- October 20, 2002: Outstanding Citizenship Award by the Montreal Citizenship Council.
- June 28, 2001: Bundesverdienstkreuz, Federal Republic of Germany (the Cross of the
Order of Merit) for 50 years of contributions to the German language and culture.
- May 20-22, 1996: “Semiotics and Language Teaching. Theoretical Principles and
Practical Applications,” An International Conference dedicated to Dora Sakayan on her
65th Birthday Anniversary as a special tribute to her contributions to the field of
Linguistics and Armenology), Yerevan State University, Armenia.
- October 1967: Certificate of Distinction awarded by the Supreme Soviet of the Armenian SSR for Excellence in Scholarship and Education: «Հայկական Հանրապետության Գերագույն Սովետի Պատվոգիր».